Welcome to episode 34 of the hannaontheroad podcast! Today I'm tackling the second half of the questions from the 1k subscriber giveaway thread - all of the ones related to running a creative business! - as well as...
- ... welcome the wonderful new Patron who joined us since last episode!
- ... share a few glimpses of current design WIPs.
- ... show you the additions I've made to my yarn stash when I was in SF.
- ... and talk about the last color to be added to the Spring Collection.
I've decided to start a series of experiments for and with myself and my businesses. This idea is loosely based on Brooke McAlary's Slow Home Experiments (maybe we should call this series Slow Business Experiments?) and is not fully fledged yet, but the basic gist is this: I would like to try a few new things when it comes to how I run my businesses and make space for living and breathing and document how that works out.
If you'd like to, feel free to join the experiment and try the things I'm trying! I would love to hear your experiences as well. There's not a fixed schedule around these experiments, I'm probably starting a new one every six weeks or so. If you want to stay up to date with them, check this blog and / or my newsletter.
The first experiment I've started two weeks ago is this: Untouchable Days. Read More
Welcome to episode 33 of the hannaontheroad podcast! Today's podcast episode is a little bit different than usual as I answer quite a few of your questions from the last episode! In addition to that, I'm also talking about...
- ... the 8 wonderful new Patrons who joined us in March!
- ... the 1000 subscriber giveaway winner!
- ... my latest FO, the Gingerbread sweater.
- ... two new additions to our project bag line.
- ... and my latest Youtube Livestream!
Welcome to episode 32 of the hannaontheroad podcast! As I only had a few days between EYF and travelling to the US, these shownotes are a little shorter than usual, but the episode itself features all of this goodness:
- ... a GIVEAWAY to celebrate 1000 subscribers!
- ... an EYF recap, including my book & yarn acquisitions and wonderful gifts from friends
- ... an update on my Gingerbread sweater
- ... the first official views of my print edition project bags that are available for pre-orders now
- ... and two exciting announcements: 1) We're open for wholesale now! 2) We're still looking for one more addition to our sewing team here in Berlin!
Hello lovelies! It's been quite a while since I posted anything more creative business related here, and there's a good reason for that: I've been incredibly hard at work behind the scenes to get my new design & project bag website hlh-designs.com out into the world. Quite a few of you have asked me over the past couple of weeks after I announced the new website project why I decided to leave Etsy. There's not one easy answer to this so I'll do my very best to dissect the multiple reasons that led my to opening my own website here: Read More
Welcome to episode 31 of the hannaontheroad podcast! This episode is packed to the brim with good stuff, including...
- ... more info about when & where you can meet me at EYF!
- ... the first official view of my very first-ever sock design!
- ... a quick update on my latest WIPs, including my new Gingerbread sweater
Long story short, let's talk about a book. A book that I loved and that I think every single business owner (creative, not creative, I don't care) should read. A book called "Let My People Go Surfing" by Yvon Chouinard, the founder of Patagonia. Read More
Yayyyy, it's February, and the latest episode of my podcast is now up on Youtube! Here's a quick overview of what you can expect in episode nr. 30:
- I share my two latest Finished Objects!
- I also talk about the progress on my #ImmortalistsxQuince shawl and share a new cast on.
- I show you the latest Making Stories publication we've put out (SOCKS 2018).
- I announce the two shop update dates for February.
- And last, but not least, I talk at length about my current grips with Instagram and how I'm thinking about using it for my business right now.
Instead of a monthly review post I decided to try something different this year: one post that I am going to update at the end of every month with an overview of my goals of the next month and a review of what I did that last month.
I realized at the end of last year that while I enjoyed the retrospective my monthly review posts offered me, I had no way of looking at the big picture of the year and that bothered me. I'm hoping that this approach will help me gain a better perspective of what's been going on during the year while we're in the middle of it as well as at the end of 2018. Read More
Hello lovelies, and welcome to another episode of the hannaontheroad podcast! Here's a quick overview of what goes down in episode 29:
- I talk about my policy on showing acquisitions, gifts & reviews after receiving a lovely email about that topic after last episode.
- I share that I've been selected as an official EYF (Edinburgh Yarn Festival) podcaster, wohooo!! Can't wait for EYF!
- I show you the progress on my two current WIPs.