Hello lovelies, and welcome to another episode of the hannaontheroad podcast! Here's a quick overview of what goes down in episode 29:
- I talk about my policy on showing acquisitions, gifts & reviews after receiving a lovely email about that topic after last episode.
- I share that I've been selected as an official EYF (Edinburgh Yarn Festival) podcaster, wohooo!! Can't wait for EYF!
- I show you the progress on my two current WIPs.
- I announce the knitter's newsletter as well as a tiny, but mighty shop update (happening on Thursday, Jan 25, at 7pm CET).
- I talk about why I think budget is REALLY, REALLY important for your own creative business.
- And last, but not least, I share two book recommendations for creative business owners!
You can watch the entire episode below or scroll down for further details!
Works in progress:
WIP #1: Black Forest Cardigan
WIP #2: The Immortalists Shawl
- Book: The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin (@chloekbenjamin)
- Pattern: Improvised
- Yarn: Quince & Co. Chickadee
- For the other participants, check out the hashtag #ImmortalistsxQuince and Chloe’s feed
News: A newsletter for knitters!
I'm starting a second newsletter (don't worry, the Creative Boss Newsletter isn't going anywhere!) for knitters. You can come join me by clicking on the button down below!
I'm updating the shop with a few exclusives on Thursday, January 25, at 7pm CET!
RUNNING A CREATIVE BUSINESS
I share everything about why I think budgeting is REALLY (like, really!) important if you're running your creative business and that you don't need much if you want to start your own budgeting practice now.
If you want to have a look at my Patreon video about budgeting, you can do so here. You do need to join my Patreon squad if you want to access it, but it starts as low as 10USD a month for a monthly Creative Boss Tutorial video and I think it's absolutely worth it!
These are two books I recently finished and loved! I'm planning to do a longer review episode of at least the Patagonia book because I think it deserves it, but in the meantime you can get your own copy via these links (disclaimer: affiliate links):